Friday, March 6, 2009

Comment Card



Mardi Gras has come and gone, and we're now well into the season of Lent.  This time of year, to many, is about thought and reflection, beginning with the pledge to abstain from an everyday pleasure as a reminder to focus on faith.  Often, this pledge involves a favorite food or beverage - chocolate, wine and red meat are common indulgences given the boot each spring by thousands across the city.

How about you?  Have you given up a delicious favorite or daily treat for Lent?  Have you managed to stick to the program so far, or is it tougher than you bargained for?

3 comments:

RobinBrant said...

I have given up all kinds of things over the years - fast food, dairy and meat - to name a few. This year I figured I am off the hook, having not indulged in two of my absolute favorite things in the world, sushi and wine, for almost nine months now. I will be having sushi delivered to me in my hospital bed, though, as soon as I am up for eating.

Eddie G said...

I gave up coffee. And I'm dealing surprisingly well :)

Anonymous said...

very nice thanks for sharing your feelings...............

___________________
Smarry
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment