Monday, April 27, 2009

The Pantry: An Update



It was touch-and-go there for a while, but after six weeks of intensive care, I'm pleased to report that the patient - er, pantry - is largely out of the woods.  Thank you all so much for your words of care and concern; this recovery would not have been possible without your support.

I'll continue to monitor the pantry's progress on an ongoing basis, and will keep you apprised of any further improvements or, heaven forbid, relapses.  We still have a long way to go, but the future looks bright.

Your friend and food confidant,

C&S

p.s.  Click here to see the before picture.  If you dare.

p.p.s.  Yes, those are purple Easter Peeps.  I'm waiting for them to get stale - they're better that way.

7 comments:

Food Czar said...

Much better, C@S! Now, you can hold your head high again!

Now, how is your wine cellar, pray tell? Hmmmm???

Eddie G said...

I don't see any chocolate chips. Is that a good thing? :)

Shari Johns - As you wish... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Classy&Sassy said...

I used them in some banana muffins this weekend. Yum!

The J.R. said...

Good Morning Kids....why is it that no matter how early I get up to check your page while I am having my coffee (the current time is 11:39) everyone always seems to beat me to the postings....ugh....i am sleeping in from now on...I give up....anywho, back to the posting-at-hand I am sure your dear friend and foodie icon Sandra Lee *gag* (which takes alot for me to do-trust) would have been able to feed a modestly sized wedding party with what you had in your party...provided you had some pre-chopped frozen vegetables in your freezer, because we are too lazy to even chop our own produce...I can already see her picking out a way too tight sweater to show off her boobs (speaking of semi-homemade)that matches your granite so she will be properly attired during her culinary (and I use that term loosely) showcase....i could go on...but I dont have the strength...I am sorry, its early and rainy....someone had to get my wrath...

Anonymous said...

That looks more like it! I was afraid you'd starve to death!

Anonymous said...

very nice thanks for the sharing.............

___________________
Smarry
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment