Monday, November 3, 2008

Update: Scardello Artisan Cheese Now Open!


It's official:  Scardello Artisan Cheese on Oak Lawn Avenue is now open!  Yay!  

I passed by the shop while out and about this weekend, and peered in the window to see how things were coming along (as has become my habit since Rich Rogers first hung up his "Coming Soon" sign in September) - it looked pretty "open" to me.  Sure enough, last night I received a message from sweet Donna of DonnaCooks confirming that, yes, our new neighborhood cheese shop is, indeed, open for business.

Click here to read Donna's detailed report on her first visit to Scardello, and here to check out our initial DallasEats report, including contact info and quotes from the owner.  I'm planning a trip there later this afternoon, and I just can't wait!

C&S

1 comment:

Classy&Sassy said...

Went to Scardello yesterday afternoon - the hubby and I walked over around 4:00 to stock up on cheese for an evening on the patio. Rich was behind the counter, and helped us select three awesome cheeses for our spread - a cheddar and a goat cheese, both from Texas and both delicious, and a soft cheese called Brillat-Savarin (shares a name with the famous French foodie - he wrote, "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are.").

Rich also shared some stories and samples, and it was a great visit all around. I think it may prove to be dangerous indeed that such a tempting place is right around the corner from my house!